We (virtually) interviewed Pavel Malov, an MFS intern recently who recently joined our Site/Civil engineering department full-time. Find out about what inspired Pavel to become an engineer and what book he thinks is a must-read.
1. Why did you want to become an engineer?
I wanted to become an engineer because I was always eager to build continuous opportunities for myself and use my creativity on a daily basis to instill a positive impact on the world
2. If you weren’t an engineer, what career would you like?
If I was not an engineer, I would have liked to become a studio animator because all throughout my youth I was actively involved in creating and showcasing my visual art pieces, where my sense of design and creativity was often drawn from a combination of personal imagination and cartoon references
3. What is your favorite quote?
“Cogito, ergo sum” – “I think, therefore I am.”
4. Your favorite moment of the day is…
My favorite moment of the day is when I take my first sip of coffee and a bite of my jelly donut in the morning
5. A book that everyone should read:
A People’s History of the United States by Howard Zinn
6. What famous person would you like to spend a day with?
7. What is something that’s always in your fridge?
Kool-Aid and Gogurt